Baylee Nicole Smith was born on Saturday, June 19th at 6:36 pm. She weighed 6 lbs. 12 ounces and was 19 inches long.
Birth Story: On Friday, June 18th, I had a technology training to attend in Fort Worth. I had to get up early to be at the conference and was there all day. I was pretty exhausted when I got home that night. Eric had been up at the office cleaning and organizing all day. So, around 11:00 pm, we decided to get in bed for the night. Around 12, Eric got an emergency phone call from a patient in extreme pain. So, he had to drive up to Corinth and ended up having to do a root canal. He did not get home until about 3:00. I didn't sleep the whole time he was gone because I was concerned about him being there so late. Well, he just climbed into bed and I tapped him to let him know that I thought I was beginning to have contractions. Contractions continued every 7 minutes or so for the next hour and half. So, we essentially had NO sleep and got up to go to the hospital around 5 am. We finished getting a few things together and got to the hospital about 6:30. They put us in triage to check for "actual" labor. Contractions were still about 7 minutes apart. But, Baylee's baseline heart rate was a little low and the hospital was empty, so they decided to admit us around 8:30. Finally got IV fluids going around 10:00. After I had gotten enough fluids, I got my epidural around 12:00 (THANK GOD!). The epidural was great because I was really needing to get some sleep (and so was Eric), but wasn't able to due to contractions. The epidural slowed down the contractions so the doctor decided to start some pitocin. They slowly increased the pitocin over the next few hours. I slept! The doctor came by at some point and broke my water. Around 5:30, we did a few practice pushes. Then, the doctor came in and had to turn little Baylee around because she was "sunny side up". Finally, got her turned around, pushed for about 45 minutes and Baylee was born at 6:36! She didn't really cry, but was perfect! She made one little cry to let us know she was good, then just looked around trying to figure out what was going on.
NOW, what everyone is waiting for....PICTURES!
About to leave to the hospital! 39 weeks pregnant! (remember, I haven't had any sleep!)
Resting at the hospital! Relaxed because I am comfortable and about to get some sleep! :)
AWWW getting weighed!
AWWW So Sweet!
LOVE THIS PICTURE! She has him wrapped around her finger.
First pic together
Heading Home! So cute!
We are so in love with our little Baylee!
Congrats on little Baylee. She is absolutely perfect! Keep posting pictures. We all want to see how she grows :) Love you
ReplyDeleteAshlee,
ReplyDeleteThis is all so adorable...I can't believe you managed this 3 days after she was born...you are amazing!
Now to help support this adorable little princess that I can't wait to see, I need Eric's phone number at his new office. I have some questions for him...will you send me his new number? Thanks and congratulations! I am so happy for you...all three!!
Ashlee! I am so happy for you and Eric. Baylee is beautiful and just perfect! Congratulations. Now, when can we schedule our first play date. Lily has never actually had a play date but she would love to meet Miss Baylee.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you all and happy nights!