Sunday, September 13, 2009
Great start to a great year!
I can already tell this is going to be a fantastic year! My students are so sweet this year. They are way more innocent than my students last year. I already have formed some great relationships with them. I have tried something new this year. I decided to have a morning meeting with both classes this year to get an opportunity to have the kids share their lives with me. They and I are loving it. I also write them a little message and one day I ran out of time....they were so upset. Funny...you wouldn't think it would affect fifth graders so much. I really love having them share stuff with me. I feel like I know them better already! Teachers in younger grades have always done this but fifth grade typically doesn't but I am so glad that I am invest the time each morning to do this. I think it will help us all too when my teaching partner is out for maternity leave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment